Information on who we are
Motional AD LLC (“Motional”), a Delaware Corporation with a place of business at 100 Northern Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02210 as a data controller is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data. This privacy statement applies when you visit Motional.com (“Site”) or any other sites affiliated with Motional or its affiliates (Sites) including if you have been directed to this Site or when you contact us with a comment, inquiry or customer support request through this Site. Personal information collected about you in connection with other Motional Sites, products, services or mobile applications (including those made available to you by our group companies) may be covered by different privacy statements. It is important that you read this privacy statement together with any other privacy statements or other notices we may provide to you.
By using or accessing this Site or contacting us you agree that we may process your personal information in the manner described in this statement. The Motional Site is one of our primary channels of communication providing information on our programs and services.
It is important that you read this statement so that you are aware of how and why we are using your information. If you have any questions about this statement or how we handle your personal information, please contact Motional by emailing (email@example.com). (If you are contacting us to fulfill a data subject access request or do not sell for California contact us here.)
The kind of information we hold about you
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified.
When you avail of our services, or purchase Motional products, we may collect, store, and use the following categories of personal data about you:
- Identity Data – details such as first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, company/organization name, date of birth.
- Contact Data – name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and business and personal email addresses.
- Profile Data – your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Transaction Data – details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Marketing and Communications Data – data on your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Interaction and Usage Data – when you interact with us we will record details of those interactions (for example, phone calls, e-mail correspondence and hard copy correspondence as well as information on how you use our Site, products and services). If you make a complaint, we will process details concerning that complaint.
- Mandatory Data – data that is mandatory for us to collect to comply with certain legal and regulatory obligations that apply to our business
- Sensitive Data – information about your health, including any medical condition, where you disclose those details to us so that we can accommodate any special needs you may have when you avail of our services including to comply with our obligations under the equality legislation.
- Technical Data – such data would include internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this Site.
- Video Data – personal data footage recorded for security, health and safety or product development purposes.
How is your personal information collected?
We collect personal data through our interactions with you, when you use our services, purchase our products or when you complete our administrative forms in hard copy or on-line. We also may collect data through development of our products or services, which may include street view video data collected in public spaces.
Different data collection methods:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact, Financial, Interaction and Usage Data by filling in forms, using our Site or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you apply for our products or services:
- Create an account on our Site;
- Subscribe to our service or publications;
- Request marketing to be sent to you;
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- Give us feedback;
- Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators based inside or outside the EU;
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as the Companies Registration Office;
- Participation in research and development activities
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers such as Google based inside or outside the EU;
- advertising networks based inside or outside the EU; and
- search information providers based inside or outside the EU.
- Video collection via vehicles driving on public motorways
- Technical Data from the following parties:
How we use your personal information
We may use the personal information collected via our Site or when you contact us for purposes that include:
- Services and transactions. We may use your personal information to deliver services to you or carry out transactions you have requested, including, but not limited to, providing information on Company products or services you have purchased or otherwise use, registering purchased products, processing product orders, handling warranty claims, replacing product manuals, answering customer service requests and facilitating the use of our Sites.
- Administering and protecting our business and Sites. We may use your personal information to administer and protect our business and our Sites, including troubleshooting, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data.
- Improving our business, Sites, products and services. We may use your personal information to perform business analyses or for other purposes that help us to develop and improve the quality of our business, Sites, products and services (including new products and services), for example, by customizing our Sites to your particular preferences or interests.
- Marketing. In accordance with applicable laws and regulations, we may use your personal information to inform you of products or services which may be of interest to you, and to otherwise communicate with you about offerings, events and news, surveys, special offers, and related topics. You are able to opt-out from marketing communications sent via e-mail at any time, free of charge by using the “unsubscribe” link in any e-mail marketing materials you receive from us, or by contacting us here.
- Research and analysis. We may use your personal information to conduct research and analysis to help us analyze your purchasing preferences, identify the products and services that best meet your requirements and measure the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. We also may use your data for future product innovation.
- Enforcement: We may use the personal information we collect in order to detect, prevent and respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of our terms and conditions, violations of law or other misuse of our Sites.
Where permitted by law, we may combine the information that we collect via our Sites with other information we hold about you (such as information about your use of our products and services) in order to offer you an improved and consistent customer experience when interacting with us or for other purposes set forth in this statement. We do not sell your personal data.
The legal basis on which we process information
Where required by law, we will ensure there is a legal basis for the processing of your personal information. In most cases the legal basis will be that:
- the processing is necessary for the performance of the services we provide;
- the processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, including compliance with applicable laws, regulations, governmental and quasi-governmental requests, court orders or subpoenas;
- the processing is based on your consent to the processing of your personal information for one or more specified purposes (e.g. marketing); or
- the processing is necessary to meet our legitimate interests, for example to develop and improve our Sites, products and/or services for the benefit of our customers.
If you fail to provide personal information
When you do not provide requested information, we may not be able to provide you the requested service or complete your transaction.
Where we require your personal data to enter into a contract and to provide you with our services, we will make this clear.
Change of purpose
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so unless this is otherwise required or permitted by law (in which case we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent).
How we use particularly sensitive personal information
Special categories of particularly sensitive personal data require higher levels of protection.
We may process special categories of personal data where we need to carry out our legal obligations or where it is needed in the public interest.
Less commonly, we may process this type of data where it is needed in relation to legal claims or where it is needed to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests) and you are not capable of giving your consent, or where you have already made the information public.
We will use information about your physical or mental health, or disability status, to ensure your health and safety when you are availing of our services and to ensure that we comply with the equality legislation.
Automated decision-making takes place when an electronic system uses personal information to make a decision without human intervention.
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making, unless we have a lawful basis for doing so and we have notified you.
We may contact you on premise, by mail, email, telephone, or social media about our products and services and other events which might be of interest to you.
You may receive marketing communications from us if:
- you have requested to receive or consented to the receipt of information from us; or
- purchased goods or services from us (and our marketing communications will be in relation to Motional’s similar goods or services); or
- it is in our legitimate interest,
and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving the marketing communications.
You will only receive electronic marketing communications under (b) above where such products or services were purchased by you prior to the receipt of the communication.
You have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right, you can click unsubscribe from the bottom of the email received or please submit a request through the link here .
We will share your personal data with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to perform our contract with you or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
We will share your data with trusted third-party service providers. We may also share your personal data with other third parties, for example, in the context of a transfer of our statutory functions or with a regulator or to otherwise comply with the law.
All our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data based on the associate risks including proper access controls. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
Do not sell rights
California residents have the right to opt-out of the sales of their personal information by us. As noted above, we do not sell personal information about California residents.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
Rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal information.
- Object to processing of your personal information.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please submit a request through the link here.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Right to withdraw consent
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please submit a request through the link here. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
This Site is not designed for children and is not intended to appeal to children. Motional does not knowingly collect data from children. If you are under 16 years of age, please do not use this Site.
Our website contains hyperlinks to other websites, including Sites, some third parties who manage our application process. This statement only applies to this Site, and when you click links to other websites, you should read their own privacy statement. The change in the URL amongst other factors will help you to recognize the website of other providers.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the right to make a complaint at any time to an EEA Data Protection Authority (DPA) about our management of your personal information. You can find your local DPA here.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to update this statement at any time. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.
If you have any questions about this statement, please submit a request through the link here.