A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed onto your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps examine web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Essentially, cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie does NOT give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Cookies on this website are or may be used for:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions you make that amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in, or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Analytical/performance purposes – These cookies allow us to recognize and calculate the number of visitors and to see how visitors navigate around the website when they are using it. These cookies also help us improve the way our website performs, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality purposes – These cookies help us recognize you when you return to and interact with our website. This lets us personalize our content for you and remember your preferences and settings.
- Marketing purposes – These cookies may be set by us or our advertising partners and allow us to provide you with targeted advertising and information surrounding our products, operations, and services, or third-party products and services.
- Sharing purposes – These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site to allow you to share pages with your friends and social networks such as Facebook and Twitter (X). They may be capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit.
We may share or sell information we collect about you through cookies to third parties. Under certain laws, such as California’s Privacy Rights Act (CPRA), you may have the right to opt-out of the sale or sharing of your personal information with third parties. You may exercise your right to opt-out of the sale or sharing of personal information we collect through cookies by using the cookie banner on motional.com and clicking on the designated toggle switch. If you opt-out, we will not be able to offer you targeted advertising or other communications from third parties and we will not hand over your personal information that we may collect through cookies to third parties.