Motional's assets are available to use by members of the press by downloading below. For interviews and other media requests, contact email@example.com.
Motional was formed in 2020 as a joint venture between Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv. While technically a new company, the Motional team dates back to two of the world's first AV start-ups, nuTonomy and Ottomatika, both of which were acquired by Aptiv and later spun out into Motional.
- Our Technology: Motional is developing Level 4 autonomous vehicles for ride-hail and on-demand delivery
- Our New AV: Motional's next-gen vehicle is the all-electric IONIQ 5 robotaxi, developed through strategic collaboration with Hyundai.
- Our Global Operations: Motional has a global team of over 1,400 employees. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in Pittsburgh, Las Vegas, Santa Monica, Silicon Valley, Singapore, and Seoul.
- Our Testing: Motional conducts public road testing in Boston, Pittsburgh, Las Vegas, Santa Monica, and Singapore. The diversity of our testing enables smart, scalable technology that can safely navigate a wide range of environments and conditions.
- Our Commercial Ride-hail Operations: For over six years, Motional has operated a public robotaxi service in Las Vegas on the Lyft network. Through that service, Motional has conducted over 130,000 autonomous rides, with over 95% of passengers awarding their ride five-stars. In December 2022, Motional began conducting autonomous rides for Uber passengers in Las Vegas as part of a 10-year commercial agreement between the companies.
- Our Commercial Delivery Operations: In 2022, Motional entered the autonomous delivery space through a partnership with Uber Eats. Motional now conducts autonomous deliveries for Uber Eats customers in Santa Monica.